Saturday, June 2, 2012

Obligatory introductory post

Hello!

First off, thank-you for visiting my blog. You may or may not be the first person to do so. If you are, congratulations! You win absolutely nothing!

Now, on to some serious business. I would like to clearly state that the purpose of this blog is entirely selfish: it is about my experiences in the seemingly simple, folksy world of farming. What it may naturally expand to in the future from growing edible plants, and, perhaps livestock, would naturally be the following: creating "mini ecosystems" (i.e., creating a place where birds , butterflies, and other such desirable creatures can live happily) and decorative gardening and/or agriculture.

This is how everything will work: I will post pictures of various plants, areas, etc, that I'm working on, with comments. This is partly to track my own progress, since it's cheaper and more convenient for me to do it in a blog format due to my having an awesome smartphone. The other part is that I can hopefully get great advice and ideas from the agricultural community or experienced gardeners. In return, I will try to be as active as possible on your blogs/forums/websites/etc. I can't guarantee exactly what I'll comment on, but I will, at the very least, follow your site if I can. That is a guarantee!

Regards,

Flora

PS: For those of you who don't know me, yes, my name really is Flora. And I'm aware of the Flora and Fauna jokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment